Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ham and Green Bean Casserole

I don't know about you, but I have way too much ham left over from Christmas. I do not like pineapple or glaze on my ham. About one hour into cooking I pour a can of soda pop over it to keep it moist. My mom believed in using ginger ale, which is really good. One year I was having company, forgot to buy ginger ale, so I had to use Pepsi instead. It was different, but in a good way. This year I chose to go with the Pepsi again. It was good. Still, there are only so many ham sandwiches three people can eat (mom can't eat ham). This is where pea soup, fried rice, and ham and green been casserole come in.

Ham and Green Bean Casserole

1 cup of ham (I have lots of ham leftover, so I was a little more generous in the ham department.)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
2 cans of cut green beans, drained
1 cup of shredded cheese (I usually use cheddar, but yesterday I used Kraft's Mexican blend, and it was good)

Spray a microwave safe dish with cooking spray. Put ham, soup, and green beans in dish. Mix well to combine. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Pour cheese over the beans and ham. Microwave for one more minute. Serve with rice.

Did I forget to mention it was an easy recipe, and could be done in the microwave? Woops!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I see this post...and now I'm starving, but I'm late for work because I've been 'blogging'...and don't have time make my usual egg sandwich. Remind me never to read your food blog BEFORE breakfast and work! Oatmeal from a packet is just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this posted AFTER we've eaten all the ham leftovers! (sigh)

    ReplyDelete